Tuesday 14 July 2015

My diabetes

I was planning to call this whole blog (not just the post) My Diabetes, as I expect I could be talking about my self a lot.  I might also mention diabetes, as I am diabetic.  That's taken though.

The So you're diabetic then name comes from how I found out that I have diabetes.  I was in hospital with an infection (Cellulitis). Every time a nurse(/heath care professional?) came round in the first few days they said: "So, you're diabetic then."
"That's the first I've heard." - "Not that I knew!"

That was in December, 7 months ago.  I'm still coming to terms with it.  Trying to find out what I'm supposed to do to manage my diabetes.

[Edit: 2016] Ok, so the support group idea isn't going yet, and no I haven't done any more posts yet.  Sorry on both counts.  I've been dealing with various things, including my flat being refurbished.  Hopefully posts coming soon.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment